I love roller coasters! I always ride every single one at any theme park I go to. I think they are great and I often force my friends (Deana, Nicole and Emma) to wait in the extra long line to ride up front. I figure if you aren't up front half of the fun is taken away. How much better is it to see what's coming, even if it is scary, than to stare at the back of Joe schmoe with his business in front, party in back hair style? I even get a kick out of the ones with such great g-force that you temporarily blackout though I am sure that is not healthy for you.
I feel like I have been on an emotional roller coaster lately. As much as I love roller coasters this one stinks and I want off right now. Today I woke up and was pretty well rested (I did have dreams last night but they weren't really bad- a nice change.) I got out of bed and was fine. I checked my e-mail, read bible verses and went downstairs semi- motivated (which is better than I have been) to do some school work. Then 5 minutes later- bam it hit me. I was walking the dog and crying. For no good reason it just came out. After that I just feel drained and sleepy all over again. I appreciate that grief comes in waves that you just have to ride and I am trusting when everyone tells me the waves will become less violent. However, just because I am willing to stay on this roller coaster doesn't mean I am enjoying it. I am ready for it to stop. Where is the kiddie catipillar ride? That suits my speed a little better right now.
I take great joy in laughter. It is one of my simplest pleasures. I just love a good laugh. You know the kind where your cheeks hurt but you still can't stop smiling, where you are laughing so hard that no sound is coming out and you silently shake in hysterics! It is medicine for the soul. So in an effort to make today's ride a little more fun I looked up funny quotes about mood swings. This one was my favorite...
"On a bad day I have mood swings but on a good day I have the whole mood playground!"
I hope it made you smile too!
Psalms 34:17-19
Yes, the Lord hears the good man when he calls to Him for help, and saves him out of all his troubles. The Lord is close to those whose heart is breaking; He rescues those who are humbly sorry for their sins. The good man does not escape all troubles - he has them, too. But the Lord helps him in each and every one.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment