- I slept well and woke rested this morning- a blessing I haven't received in a while
- I was able to send out some important e-mails and get some things set up for school
- I watched one and a half classes (about 5 hours all together) and organized my notes to study for a test- HUGE deal
- I received 5 sweet note cards of love in the mail and a perfect gift from my dear friend Jess, a beautiful ring engraved to remind me to "shine on"
- I went for a walk around the neighborhood (yes in my pjs but they are just gray sweats anyways)
- I made a yummy and healthy dinner of chicken cacciatore
- I set up a date with my friend Christina for Saturday. We are going to the melting pot, I am so excited!
- I skyped with wonderful "family" in North Carolina
- I watched two episodes of Glee with my mom and enjoyed some delicious brownies she made
I have always taken pride in my appearance and I often hate to spend the day in my pj's. It usually makes me feel grimy and completely unlike myself. That being said- I enjoyed a splendidly grime free day despite wearing my pj's and for the first time in a long time actually felt like myself! I am fully aware that this ride of grief goes up and down with no warning and tomorrow may completely stink but for today I enjoyed an up! Today is the first day I have felt even a sliver of the Erin Marie that I know and I savored every minute. I know this sounds like a list of small mundane activities but it is small mundane activities all completed by the Erin I know and even in my pjs it was fantastic! What a blessing!
Zechariah 4:10
Do not despise these small beginnings, for the LORD rejoices to see the work begin

0 comments:
Post a Comment