CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hits and hugs

So last night was the visitation. I was really, really dreading it and knew that it would be my greatest challenge yet. There were some hits of the evening

  • there was a dvd of pictures of his life and not a single one had me in it- I was his wife for goodness sake. As much as some people (even at times me) would like to pretend we were never married, we were! You can't just take that away and it is another insult to me to try.
  • There were a couple people that wouldn't acknowledge me.
  • A couple of his parents' friends who "knew them best" didn't even know who I was. They said things like " oh and did you know Clay?" Yes. I was his wife. "Oh, I didn't realize he had one"
These things hurt especially on top of everything else BUT there were so many more Hugs than hits.

I would just like to say that I have incredible, incredible friends. I had hundreds, literally hundreds, of people come out to support me last night. Almost all of my speech ladies came and even a few of the professors. How humbling. Especially since they all have their hardest test of the program tomorrow. I had tons of friends come and support me. One of them brought me an angel to remind me of my "angel wings." One brought my family and I a basket of food to take on the way home. More brought cards and all brought love. How thoughtful!!!! 
Some of my dearest friends stood there the ENTIRE night, just to love on me. To bring me water. To smile at me. To hug me when I needed it. To remind me to rest my bum foot. To remind me "I am kind of a big deal" :) What awesome, awesome friends. My friends are all so full with the love of Christ it simply radiated out of that room. There was no where left for an attack to come and as such the evil was kept at bay all evening.  Praise the Lord.

This is a horrible thing to go through. My heart is scarred forever and I will always carry this with me. Even so, I wouldn't change it. The earthly reminder my friends have given me of the greatness of God's love is worth a million heart scars. Very few people ever get to witness such an outpouring in their lifetime. What a wonderfully blessed, richly loved woman I am! Thank your Lord Jesus for your abundant blessings!



True and Lasting Friendship Can Occur Suddenly
1 Samuel 18:1–3 
After David had finished talking with Saul, he met Jonathan, the king’s son. There was an immediate bond between them, for Jonathan loved David. From that day on Saul kept David with him and wouldn't let him return home. And Jonathan made a solemn pact with David, because he loved him as he loved himself. (NLT)



0 comments: