CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 14, 2011

Restlessness

I believe we are under attack. I have thought that for some time now but it continues to be solidified. Right now it is 2:15am and even with the help of powerful medication my mom and I are unable to sleep. There is restlessness in our souls. It is not that we don't trust God, not that we don't give over all things to Him, we simply don't understand. We are confused, hurt, betrayed, questioning. Even though we know our hope is with our awesome Father we can't seem to get our flesh to take the message. As such we are physically restless tonight. Not getting enough sleep does not lend itself well to our situation. Unfortunately physical restlessness often leads to emotional and then spiritual restlessness. I am putting on my combat scripture. Here are some verses that pray against sleeplessness. Please continue to pray that our hearts and minds will be quieted while we are here so we may rest in the Lord.(literally)

“I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word. My eyes stay open through the watches of the night,  that I may meditate on your promises” (Psalm 119:147-148).


“I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety” (Psalm 4:8).


“When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared” (Proverbs 3:24-26).



“You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you” (Psalm 91:5-7).
“Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him” (Psalm 62:5).

“You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you” (Isaiah 26:3).


0 comments: