Something you should understand about me is I am a planner. God often thwarts my plans... ok almost ALWAYS thwarts my plans. In fact it seems like if I make a plan things happen completely oppositely just to prove once again I am not in control. Case in point, there are two things in my life I said I would never be; a teacher and a speech pathologist. Boy does God have a sense of humor or what? I used to joke that I should walk around saying "I'll never be rich, I'll never be rich" just to see if it would happen:) So you get the picture- I like a plan. I inherited this trait from my mom and as such we enjoy dreaming of the future together. We have looked at houses all over the states "just in case" and build these fantasy futures in our heads. It is a wonderful game we play and it is nice to dream together as long as we remember who is really in control.
Today was full of dreams! As of right now the plan is to move back here in december and get an apartment. I plan on living here for a couple of years and working at the hospital. I found a great apartment today. It is wonderfully set up with a great open kitchen. It allows pets which is a must since I plan on getting a small dog. The pool is great and it is a gated community. It is convenient to the mall of Georgia, the hospital and is only about 45 min from my family. It is perfect! I am really excited about a chance to be a single no sex in the city type of gal.
It was so fun to spend the afternoon dreaming. Then my mom and I enjoyed a great dinner at a Japanese steakhouse. To top off my perfect day three boxes of girl scout cookies were delivered to my door. ahhh. what a blissfully wonderful day filled with many blessings. Thank you Lord!
John 1:16 (NIV)
From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.

3 comments:
I very much like this plan! Especially the part about you living closer to me and the part about the dog. Yay for the puppy fund!
I am thankful that you had a great day with your momma today :) I am happy at the thought of that beautiful smile being back on your beautiful face...and happy to have shared some silly laughs with you tonight! I love you so much my friend!
Erin:
You are truly an inspiration for love (of others but mostly yourself- PLEASE keep it up!) and forgiveness. I hope I can learn 1/2 of what you've already experienced in your sort 25 years sometime in my next 50. Thank you for letting me share in your personal journey! Julie Campbell (so, you'll know who the heck this is!)
Post a Comment