My favorite place in the world in Disney World. Yes I know that I am an adult with bills and responsibilities but even so I will gleefully wait in line for my picture with Mickey. I think one of the greatest gifts that God gave me is hopefulness. I have an undying hopefulness in all things good. I believe in the "magic" of the world. I believe that good always triumphs, that if you are true to yourself love will find you, that friends are worth more than gold and that it never hurts to sing a cheery tune. (all lessons learned from disney and strengthened by Christ) Though it is slightly more tainted with realism I still believe in joy and love just like when I was a kid (hence the little mermaid career goals). For those of you that don't know- I was convinced that I would grow up to be the little mermaid. I just knew that one day I would sprout fins and red hair. I practiced swimming with my legs together, practiced my mermaid singing and my rock mounting skills. When all the other kids were drawing teachers and nurses on their "what I want to be" pictures I drew the little mermaid. I still remember the conversation with my mom when she told mermaids weren't real. I think it was more upsetting than the santa conversation. Secretly, I am still waiting for my fins and red hair:) Anyways, I love everything about disney! I love the rides, I love the people, I love the animals, I love all the cultures represented. I love it all! They say "have a magical day" and when you are there it really is. ahhh, ok now that I have reverted to my 7 year old self let me come back to reality.
Today I was listening to my Disney CD and the song from Cinderella came on. It was so wonderfully perfect for me I felt I needed to share. Here are the lyrics...
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep. In dreams you can lose your heartache. What ever you wish for you keep. Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true!"
ahhh, no wonder I love disney!
4 comments:
Do you remember the trip we took to Disney?? It was that last night before you went to GA... Mom took you on a trip to Disney and you brought me along... :o) ~ Looking forward to taking a REAL trip there someday with you and taking pictures with EVERY Princess! ;o)
Keep dreaming...keep wishing... keep believing...keep the faith... All your greatness will come true! <3
I do remember. New York and Disneyworld. We need to go for real!
In the spirit of Disney...and although there are no Princesses in this movie I present to you a scene that shall give you a phrase to think of when you are starting to feel overwhelmed:
This is quite possibly one of my favorite parts of The Emperors New Groove-
Remember the part where Emperor Kuzco and Pacha have managed to get themselves entwined to a log in a raging river? They've already been through sooo much and the situation seems to be getting worse by the minute.
Kuzco: [resigned to the fact that he is helpless to fight it anymore] Don't tell me. We're about to go over a huge waterfall.
Pacha: [also resigned] Yep.
Kuzco: Sharp rocks at the bottom?
Pacha: Most likely.
Kuzco: [pause] Bring it on. [yells as they go over] BOOOOOO-YAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
SO....BOOOOOOOOOO-YYYYYAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! to the next obsticle...you-like Kuzco are not alone...you have quite a few Pachas that are willing to accompany you on this journey down the river...so Bring it on! You're not alone sister!
hmm...just wanted to share that with you...love you!
I totally wanted to LIKE a comment but blogger wouldn't let me.
I remember New York and Disney World! Something changed in my heart when the four of us took that trip together that night. (That I will explain another day...) But the scripture that resonated in my head that day was the one that was on your last post. you posted
Jeremiah 29:11 "For know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".
Keep dreaming my sweet friend! No matter how big or how small, I know you will accomplish the things you set out to do!
Post a Comment