Some interesting sleep facts
The top 5 laziest animals are:
The Koala - sleeps up to 22 hours
Sloth - sleeps up to 20 hours
Armadillo - sleeps up to 19 hours
Opossum - sleeps up to 19 hours
Lemur - sleeps up to 16 hours
Mind you, there are only 24 hours in a day.
How about those that hardly sleeps?
Giraffe - sleeps about 1.9 hours
Horse - sleeps about 2.9 hours
Donkey - sleeps about 3.1 hours
Sheep - sleeps about 3.8 hours
Cow - sleeps about 3.9 hours
Lately I have felt more like a sloth than anything else. I am always tired and the smallest tasks take great effort. Stephanie told me that I need extra sleep right now as it is an important part of the healing process so I have allowed myself this luxury. Thankfully as an online student, especially one who can only do small bits at a time, my schedule allows me much flexibility for sleep. However restful sleep is easier said than done right now. I have never had problems sleeping so this is particularly frustrating to have them now. (gotta say while I respect that I am meeting "grieving Erin" on the whole she sucks and I would really like to see myself back sooner rather than later)
I have had a very hard time with sleeping. Even with medication it usually takes me an hour+ to fall asleep. Then I dream about Clay EVERY night. Sometimes they are really horrible, sometimes they are just kinda bad. Stephanie said this is normal and it just reinforces that literally every part of me, even my subconscious, is grieving. These dreams lead to restless sleep and though I may sleep for a full night I don't wake rested. Sometimes they are so bad that I wake up with a tear stained pillow and my face hurts from the contortions of pain while I was asleep. Case in point ... today.
I went to sleep about 1:00 am last night and woke up at 9:15, pretty good for me! Of course I was still tired so after doing some school work for a couple of hours I decided to take a nap. Why not, Stephanie said I needed extra sleep right? I went to sleep at 11:30 and woke up at 1:00pm. I had HORRIBLE nightmares ( or daymares). This time I dreamt about me committing suicide in a myriad of ways. I want to say that this is not now, nor ever, a part of my plans. I am not suicidal. However, subconsciously I am projecting Clay's suicide on me and it is very upsetting. I have horrible dreams where I end up homeless because I can't finish school. I have dreams where I see Clay's death played over and over like a broken record. I have dreams where I fall in the grave pit and can't get out before they put the casket over me and then I get buried alive... you get the point. They are truly sabotaging my sleep and thus my healing. I think that is a big reason why I have had such a hard time with school lately. My brain is not rested, how can I concentrate when I feel like I am still asleep even when I am awake?
Please pray for peaceful sleep. It is beginning to impact my daily functions, my school, everything.
“I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety” (Psalm 4:8).
“When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared” (Proverbs 3:24-26).
“You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you” (Psalm 91:5-7).
“Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him” (Psalm 62:5).
“You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you” (Isaiah 26:3).

1 comments:
I did see that episode of Grey's and will totally be your waver! Although I would like to be your Prayer waver.. As long as I get to pray as well as say "Bad dreams, bad dreams go away. Good dreams, good dreams here to stay!"
Sweetgirl, The devil can't have you, I will put up a vicious fight for you. Praying for your sleep. Love you!
Post a Comment