CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's like chili- a little of this and a little of that...

Have you ever noticed how chili is something that you can pretty much throw whatever you want into it and it still comes out tasting like chili? Case in point... I made some chili last week and the only diced onions we had were in a frozen bag with celery and carrots. Now seriously, celery and carrots in chili? yep I did it. It was a little strange at first but after it set a while it all tasted the same. It had one flavor, one over arching theme. It was simply chili (and pretty darn good chili, if I do say so myself!)

Well that is kind of how my week has been, honestly how my whole journey through this has been. There are some things that just don't quite fit. Some things are good, some not so good but when they all sit together just one flavor comes out- grace!

Things that fit (the good things) from this week:


  • had a great first meeting with my body and have continued to talk throughout the week
  • did well on a test
  • went to see Stephanie and had a great visit
  • went to Griefshare and the theme was guilt- an exceptionally pertinent topic for a suicide survivor. why am I not surprised- God loves me so!!!
  • Did well on another test- praise the Lord!
  • Had a great second meeting with my body
  • had a wonderful lunch out with my mom
  • have a friend coming to visit this weekend
Things that didn't fit (the bad things) from this week:
  • I heard some gossip (ok well it's not really gossip because it is about my family) and realized the only person I wanted to share it with was Clay. I even thought for a split second to call him and then I remembered he wasn't here.
  • We are now in March (hooray I made it past Valentine's day) and that means St. Patrick's day is coming up. That was the day that Clay proposed to me. He told me he would love me forever and he always wanted to be with me. I am anxious about this day.
so some bad, some good but only one flavor- the sweet taste of grace!!! When I look back over all of this that is all I see. God's grace towards me, God's grace through me, God's grace in me! What a blessing and a challenge that we are all called to walk in such grace and what a gift that we have all been extended such grace. It is a sweet, sweet flavor that can never be tainted!


Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.









0 comments: