CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 7, 2011

Marked by God!

How lucky for you- a video on one post and now some pictures. You guys are going to get spoiled ;)

So this weekend I did something very exciting... a new tattoo! (and yeah- it hurt!)

Over the last two months I have lived through some very ugly things. These things will mark me forever and I have no say in that. It makes me angry that by absolutely no fault of my own I am marked for life by something so ugly. I decided that while I can't change the fact that my experiences will be with me forever, will mark me forever, I can decide if it will leave a mark of beauty or ugliness. I choose beauty! I choose to remember grace- The grace that I have been shown from others and from Christ, the grace that I have demonstrated through Christ and the grace I am called to walk in each day as a messenger for Christ! It has become very clear to me that for whatever humbling reason God has chosen me for a great purpose. He has marked me as His. He is building my faithfulness and perseverance in Him and no doubt arming me with Himself for a great battle. I feel so humbled by this challenge He has set before me. A chosen person of God? Why me? I am not special enough to walk this path.

I can't even pretend to comprehend why God has chosen me to walk through such trials but I know without doubt that it is for His Glory. I humbly accept the mission and ask Him to continue to guide my steps in His grace for His glory!

Hence the tattoo: a physical reminder of my new mark of beauty and a challenge daily to live up to that mark- to walk in the Grace of God!

How have you been marked by Christ and set apart to best serve Him?

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Cor 12:9


"Many are invited, but few are chosen" Matt. 22:14


"And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit," Ephesians 1:12

0 comments: