Well I was reminded of the truth in God's army just this week. At griefshare this week we had three new friends come and join us. Of the three TWO were people my age, how awesome! Even beyond that I met an angel that God sent just for me. She has been through an eerily similar situation... a betrayal of her husband, his suicide, his double life, his debt, his unsupportive family, people remembering a different person than who she learned he was and judging her grief based on that, the loss of her home and car etc. I mean what an awesome gift sent straight from above that someone understands my situation! I have been able to find people that share bits and pieces of my story- maybe someone whose husband was unfaithful, or someone whose husband dies, or someone grieving a suicide, or someone my age grieving etc. but NOBODY has all of the unique characteristics of my situation. I hate for her that she is having to go through the same thing as me but I am so incredibly thankful to God that He has brought her to me. I have no doubt that this is one more angel that God is allowing me to share. I can't wait to see where my new friendship takes me.
I am always so encouraged by my wonderful griefshare fiends and I am always reminded that we are indeed in an army. The song doesn't say "I am one of God's special ops secret agents, 10-4" It says we are in an army.We are not secret agents that go off on our own but we are called to fight together, to stand strong right next to one another, to support each other and to literally leave no man behind. Each meeting I go to I am reminded of just how great and mighty God's army really is and that I do not fight this battle alone. Yes it's true... I'm in the Lord's army- yes sir!
2 Tim. 2:3-4 Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer.

0 comments:
Post a Comment