CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hallelujer!

I apologize for not writing it has been a crazy week but a great one.

I had wonderful St. Patrick's day with my good friend Lakia. It was my first time ever celebrating the great green holiday and I had a blast! Then I spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday loving meeting a MUCH more fun "grieving Erin"! Today I went to 12 Stone church again and really enjoyed the message. God sent me some pretty clear "listen up" signals in church this morning and I thought I should share.

The pastor was talking about community in church. He was saying that it is our job as Christians to "connect and protect" that community. The connect part is pretty straight forward- God says in the bible many times that we are to connect with one another, support each other, parts of the body etc... in short- be part of a church. The protect part is where God smacked me with a big "Listen up" sign. The pastor was talking about dissension within the church. He said that as long we continue to gossip, lie, cheat and stir up dissension within the church, how can we look at non-christians and advise them on their lives? To which I would like to add a huge AMEN! He then talked about a few verses in Proverbs 6 that talk about the seven things God hates most, one of them being people who stir up issues, who give false witness and who slander others. (ring a bell?) Is anyone else feeling the need to stand up and throw out a Madea "hallelujer?"

Just as I was about to stand up and scream- preach it brother! Can I put you on speaker phone with a certain person in NC who really needs to hear a message about slander and stirring up dissension? God sent the smack down. He said...Erin, I have you on speakerphone to hear this message right now. If you are here and Donna isn't what makes you think this message isn't for you not her?  Ok... I am listening. Again, I am reminded that He who is without blame should cast the first stone.  Well let me put down my rocks.  I thought to myself, how many times have I stirred up distention? How many times have I slandered someone's name? How many times have I poured gas, not water, on the flame of gossip? How many times have I participated in the good 'ole southern tradition of spreading rumors with the disguise of adding"well bless her heart" or "I'm not gossipin y'all but we need to pray for so and so. Did you hear..."? Even just listening to these things adds my name to the list of people who do the things God hates most. Whoa. Yum! Yum! Humble pie again!

2 comments:

Colleen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y2jYbrnVDs

Are you talking about this!? LOL

Okay on a serious note... Total humble pie... Thanks for my slice ;o)

LOVE YOU

Jessica

Well....I suppose no one can accuse you of not sharing your desssert. Love you!