CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Belated Mother's day tribute






I HATE running. Even so I usually get an itch to make myself a "runner" about every 6 months. I start training and try to distract myself from the torture (and embarrassment) of my body jiggling as I bouncy walk down the road. The best distraction I have found is music, typically at a very loud level. I have compiled a playlist of high energy pump up songs on my ipod for just the occasion. I even know exactly how long each song is and have timed it to increase in energy right when I am hitting my workout wall.

I have ALWAYS loved this song. It speaks such empowerment and it is the only song that I can always count on to give me that extra umph to go just a little farther. On a really bad day I literally listen to this song on repeat about 7 times because my body just won't run to anything else. It has been my "running song" for many years now. Previously I used to think about it as a song to food. You know, I am better without you and I will survive etc. I often still think of it as a boo-ya to my food addiction. However, in recent months the song has taken on a new meaning. It very much speaks to my situation. I am a survivor and I have such great support! Furthermore it doesn't talk about getting revenge or holding a grudge it simply is a battle cry of empowerment and moving on. It is about learning from your experience and deciding not to let what has happened to you dictate who you are but rather allowing it to develop your character even more. That is exactly what I am doing. I don't have to bring those that hurt me down to feel like I have been brought up. My absolute favorite part of the song is in the middle. It goes like this...

I'm wishin' you the best,
Pray that you are blessed,
Much success, no stress, and lots of happiness,
(I'm better than that)
I'm not gonna blast you on the radio,
(I'm better than that)
I'm not gonna lie on you or your family, yo,
(I'm better than that)
I'm not gonna hate on you in the magazine,
(I'm better than that)
I'm not gonna compromise my Christianity,
(I'm better than that)
You know I'm not gonna diss you on the Internet
Cause my momma taught me better than that.


Boy did I have an opportunity to blast people on the internet, to blast people and their family and to hold a grudge and my flesh side says it all would have been deserved. But I didn't. I do wish all of them success, no stress and happiness and like the song, I am not willing to compromise my testimony. Why?

Cause my momma taught me better than that! Thank God for incredible mommas like mine. Boy am I blessed to have her!!!

Proverbs 31:2 8Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her.


0 comments: