
I have to admit that last week was an exceptionally low week for me. I was more frustrated and downtrodden than I have been since all of this began. I just felt like I kept trying to move on but every time I felt I took one step forward I would get pushed back three steps. I was hopeless and I felt that God had forgotten about me. I just kept praying for some sign that He wasn't ignoring me. Even though I knew in my head that my God loves me and is always with me I needed a sign as a reminder. It can be incredible overwhelming when you don't feel like God is with you. However, we aren't called to "feel" in God. We are called to "believe" in God and I seemed to have forgotten that. In His infinite mercy and grace God gave me a sign when I was driving home from GA on Monday night. I drove through two tornadoes, camped out in a truck stop with 150 of my closest new friends for about an hour, drove through nothing but storms for 7 hours straight and was exhausted mentally, physically and even spiritually by the end of the journey. Just when I thought I couldn't take it any longer God sent me a rainbow- literally! It was such a great reminder that you don't get the rainbow without the rain and that God promises to
always offer us hope. So I guess I will keep on trucking through these storms because I know that at the end will be a rainbow. Plus you never know who might be sitting at a truck stop along the way ;)
I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Genesis 9:13
1 comments:
An honest piece. Keep hoping, girl!
It was a blessing to connect with you at She Speaks even though I had to leave the She Seeks gathering kinda early. I hope that you had a great weekend! :)
Blessings,
Rachelle
Post a Comment