CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 29, 2011

"Honey, it is slap your momma kind of good!"

I have had the most wonderful blessing the last week. I was able to observe two wonderful speech-pathologists at the hospital outpatient center. It was ah-may-zing!!! I loved every minute of it and got to see all the types of patients that I have only read about in books thus far. What a wonderful shot of encouragement to get me excited about finishing school.

I had met a particularly delightful patient that was a precious old lady with spunk that rivaled Sophia of the Golden Girls. She was fabulous and I loved all of her little sayings like "colder than a well-diger in January" or " my house is so clean a fly could slide across the floor and break it's neck". Absolutely fabulous. She shared a recipe with me that was a "slap your momma kind of good" that I made for dinner last night. It really was that good. I jazzed it up a bit but thought I would share something to nourish your belly rather than your soul this time :)

Zucchini Lasagna

6 zucchini
fresh basil
2 bags 8oz mozzarella
15 oz ricotta (fat free if you wish)
15 oz cottage cheese (fat free if you wish)
one egg
one bottle of Ragu chunky any flavor
1 lb ground turkey browned and seasoned with Italian seasonings
grated parmesan

Slice the zucchini length wise. Combine the ricotta and cottage cheese with the egg.

cover the bottom of the lasagna pan with about 1 cup Ragu. place a layer of the sliced zucchini to cover the sauce. Tear fresh basil and place over zucchini. sprinkle with 3/4 c of the turkey. Cover with the cottage/ricotta cheese mixture. cover with 1 bag mozzarella. Repeat as many times as desired. Top with italian seasonings and parmesan cheese if desired. Bake at 375 for about an hour.

Delicious. You never miss the pasta and it is so good. bon appetit y'all!


Such a much needed blessing for me this week to experience my time at the hospital! Thank you God for your blessings in all forms- especially new friends friends and food!!!! (boy does He know the way to this girl's heart of what?!)


Mattthew 25:35 I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.


0 comments: